29 NOVEMBER 2019
We’re delighted to announce that we’ve reopened our cafes. During Lockdown we developed new ways of supporting our members but we have also been working hard to plan for a safe reopening. This work included detailed Risk Assessments of everything we do so that we can be sure that cafes are safe for everyone. Each of our volunteers have completed training on the new working and hygiene arrangements before they resume their duties.
We are determined that everyone will have a safe and enjoyable time at Memory Lane.
Naturally, whilst the pandemic continues, we’ve had to make changes to the way we run our cafes:-
- You’ll need to book in advance (we have to limit the number of people in the room)
- Our volunteer team will have completed a thorough clean before we open and you’ll find plenty of hand sanitiser around the building for you to use as often as you want
- we’ve aired the room before you arrived and (depending on the weather) we’ll keep a window or two open during the cafe.
- Our volunteers will be protecting you by wearing masks and using tongs for serving unwrapped cakes.
- A volunteer will meet you at the cafe entrance and show you the hand sanitiser
- The volunteer will then show you to your allocated table on which you’ll find a welcome pack of information, games and the quiz
- Your seat will be socially-distanced from others so please do keep to your allocated seat.
- Refreshments will be served to you at your table by our volunteers – there’s no need to get up
- Board games and jigsaws are available (but not for general sharing) – please ask if you’d like to use any of these
We’ve worked hard to make sure that the cafes are still fun – just different! You’ll find the usual great mix of games, information, support, cakes, company and conversation.
If you want to know more about any aspect of our newly-reopened cafes please call our Cafe Co-ordinator (June) on 01422 706373 or 07920 549131 or email:– firstname.lastname@example.org